I have what you could call a minor smoothie bowl obsession, where I make one every chance I get and am highly considering mastering the art of granola making to make my bowls that much more transcendent; yeah, I just described my smoothie bowls as transcendent, come at me bro. The recipes are always on the simple side, I’m talking blend milk, half a banana and some mangos, simple, because let’s face it, fruit is delicious, and life doesn’t always need to be complicated. I always top my bowls with a minimum of granola, the other half of the banana, sliced, and sliced frozen mango, but fresh strawberries, raspberries, really any berry, is my favorite go-to additional fruit topper.
I kind of just gave you the recipe, but if you want it more simply stated, it’s below. Either way, if this isn’t the most delicious thing ever, you probably did something wrong. I’m kidding, but not really. Make it again.
What you need:
- 1 cup frozen mangos
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 banana
- a few strawberries, sliced
- a few extra frozen mango chunks, sliced
- handful of granola
- Blend together 1 cup of mangos, half your banana and 1/2 cup of milk until smooth with little chunks
- Slice remaining half banana, extra frozen mango chunks, and strawberries
- Pour smoothie into bowl, top with fruit slices and granola
p.s. have any smoothie bowl recipes I have to try?