It’s clear that January 1st doesn’t hold a special power that allows us to change our fate for the better in some colossal way. But, there’s something about waking up on the 1st of the year that makes things seem doable…not that making breakfast isn’t doable, or that I don’t do it often. But, when I woke up this morning and thought about what I wanted to do, it was as simple as, create the most scrumptious breakfast egg sandwich and FINALLY watch Marie Antoinette all the way through. The open faced egg sandwich has since been consumed, the movie watched, and 2015 is looking good my friends. I kind of fell in love with the flavors and thought it would only be right to share the recipe…and then I’ll start thinking about what to make for dinner.
What You Need:
- 1 english muffin
- 2 eggs
- small handful of chopped onion
- an excessive amount of cheese
- half an avocado
- garlic Parmesan butter (if you have it, if you don’t please go get it) this is what it looks like
Let’s Do This:
- Slice your english muffin in half and pop it in the toaster. If you have a toaster oven, slather the garlic Parmesan butter all over that muffin when it has a minute to go. Otherwise, be basic and put your butter on after it’s done toasting.
- While that’s happening, crack two eggs into a buttered pan, unless your pan is nonstick, in which case the butter is just for fun.
- Chop up a small handful of onions and just cook them in the corner of your egg pan, there’s space.
- Flip those eggs, when the time’s right, and toss the onions around.
- When the egg is almost done, put the onions on top, sprinkle ALL the cheese on top of the onion, then place those eggs on top of your english muffin halves.
- Slice half an avocado, and complete your open faced egg breakfast sandwich masterpiece.
- Enjoy, of course.
How are you spending the first day of 2015? If you’ve done more than make breakfast, I applaud you.